Tuesday, January 21, 2020

I'M BACK

Historically I have written my first blog post of each trip to India in the Dubai airport. I guess for me that is usually where I feel the “blog worthy” ponderings start. This trip has been different. As I wondered the Dubai airport, I thought “I should probably post something to the blog about now,” but I really didn’t have anything to say. It felt very much like business as usual and my musing were well… not really of note.

I would usually write something about why I keep going back to India… always a little confused about my return trips, but very much at peace with them. This trip has been different from the beginning. This trip, I was asked to come to India. While sitting in the Dubai airport I knew why I was going. I had been asked to join a small spinal rehab facility in the Northern regions of India and assist with bolstering their occupational therapy department. I had been summoned here. I had a job to do. I had a goal. I wasn’t aimlessly wandering into this strange country hoping to find out why I keep feeling the pull to return. I had a purpose.

Now, I’m not sure if I’m making all this up to make myself feel good about my life decisions, or if this is true providential purpose, but this trip feels like the reason all the other trips happened. When I was asked to return to India for this specific purpose, I felt a peace in my soul and a whisper in my heart that this was it... this was the reason. As if God was gently telling, “This, Emily. This is why I kept drawing you back to India. So that you would prove to those there that your heart is with them, and that you have skills and passion to grow them and grow with them. To demonstrate to your people there that you can help them and are willing to provide them support. You aren’t just a one-and-done kind of gal. They can trust you now. And now they want you to use your talents with them.” And so with peace, faith, passion and a healthy sense of humor, I’m back.

Though some things are different, there are some things that have not changed. I’m back with the same solid mindset as before:
“…walk humbly with your God.” – Micah 6:8

“…’for I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord…” Jeremiah 29:11

The home of my summons


Garden grounds


No comments:

Post a Comment