Saturday, January 12, 2013

WEDNESDAY NIGHT DINNERS

Every Wednesday night the international students go out to dinner at the Darling Hotel. It is very good food and not too expensive (four of us ate our fill for $20) for American standards. This is apparently a long-standing tradition. This Wednesday we had a group of close to sixty people. The typical size is about twenty people, I guess. The food reminded me of American Indian food, in fact, the dish I ate was the same as something I would have eaten at Gateway to India back home. The restaurant is on the rooftop of the Darling Hotel. I didn't count the flights of stairs, but there were a lot! I was able to take a shot off the rooftop at night, but it is not very clear.

The bus ride into Vellore. (Brother, this is a typical scene on any given government bus ride.) 
Emma, Lip, Jenna, and Theresa on the bus ride to dinner.

Crossing the street (The quality of photo is not good, sorry.)

The long walk up to the rooftop.

Vellore, at night, from the rooftop.

Darling
Monica scanning the menu. 
It was enjoyable to spend an evening in town with fellow internationals. I had the pleasure of eating with fellow Americans (PT students from University of Rhode Island)-- they kept me well entertained. I have included a few photos for your viewing pleasure

1 comment:

  1. I never thought I would be writing this..all things considered. We ate Indian food last night in Seattle. We were well entertained by our grandson Sebastian, age 22 1/2 months. Tiffany loved her chicken with curry. Dale loved his chicken with curry. Darrell loved his prawns with curry. Sebastian loved his bananas. I loved the rice pudding. And this morning, I had some left over rice with almonds, 1/2 and 1/2 and almost raw sugar. It was a very fun night, just a little different from yours Ü
    Thinking about you today, and praying for you!
    Blessings
    Kathy,
    January 12
    Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regards the life of his beast
    ( and his neighbors )

    ReplyDelete