Monday, January 14, 2013

WEEKEND ENTERTAINMENT

Saturday afternoon was relaxing for me. Finally. I was able to sleep in, workout, freshen up, shoot some photos and generally enjoy my day. I had heard there was a choir from Shillong performing on campus in the evening, and had decided to attend. Two new international students from Australia, Hannah and her brother Ashish, also decided to attend. Together we attended the choir performance and were very glad we did. The music was a unique combination of old hymns that had been “re-mixed” and new songs. The theme of the performance was “Stand Still and Know I am God.” Who doesn’t need that reminder?

Not only was the event enjoyable, but getting to know Hannah and Ashish better was also nice. I find the Australians here (not just Hannah and Ashish) to be very agreeable and easy to talk to. They seem genuinely interested in any conversation I have had with them. We met up with Arj and Daphne at the canteen for dinner afterwards.

The choir director giving his introduction.
The director of CMC welcoming the choir.
The choir.
Arj and Hannah
Ashish
Events like this occur here and there on campus, which it nice. You just have to keep your ears and eyes open for the information. These events offer a unique experience to do something different and get to know people. I can now say that I have been to a concert in the jungle. Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment